Rob Renfroe, president of Good News, recently issued a statement to the Commission on the Way Forward. As more conferences and the Western Jurisdiction openly defy Scripture, the Book of Discipline, and the Judicial Council there are many individuals on both sides of this issue that realize an amiable separation is the only way forward. Here is a link to Rob’s statement.
Walter Fenton, from Good News, issued a ‘status report’ on the state of the church as the next meeting for the Commission on the Way Forward rapidly approaches. Here is a link to Walter’s article.
Many of us are struggling right now. We are filled with questions that seem insurmountable.
- How do I find a church & pastor that openly affirms a belief in Scripture and the Book of Discipline?
- How do I leave the church that has been my home for so many years?
- How do I continue attending a church where the pastor’s values are inconsistent with Scripture and the Book of Discipline?
- How do I find a church where I am comfortable with the style of worship?
- How do I leave so many friends behind?
During these difficult times prayer and Scripture help us focus on God’s guidance. Consider James 1:2-5,
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
May God give each of us strength and understanding . . .